If you're intimidated to evangelize, you are not alone (as you can see from the stats below).
Let me encourage you with this one tip:
- evangelizing with others helps you with the wisdom and boldness to do it when you're alone
Evangelism in America by the stats: (from Bible.org - disclaimer: not verified, endorsed or affiliated)
- Ninety-five percent of all Christians have never won a soul to Christ.
- Eighty percent of all Christians do not consistently witness for Christ.
- Less than two percent are involved in the ministry of evangelism.
- Seventy-one percent do not give toward the financing of the great Commission.
- One particular denomination did a survey on its leadership ministries. The results are as follows:
- 63% of the leadership in this denomination, including deacons and elders, have not led one stranger to Jesus in the last two years through the method of “Go Ye” evangelism.
- 49% of the leadership ministries spend zero time in an average week ministering outside of the church.
- 89% of the leadership ministries have zero time reserved on their list of weekly priorities for going out to evangelize.
- 99% of the leadership ministries believe that every Christian, including leadership, has been commanded to preach the gospel to a lost world.
- 97% believe that if the leadership had a greater conviction and involvement in evangelism, that it would be an example for the church to follow.
- 96% of the leadership believe their churches would have grown faster if they would have been more involved in evangelism.
“Street Level Evangelism, Where is the Space for the Local Evangelist,” by Michael Parrott, Acts Evangelism, Spokane, WA, 1993, pp. 9-11.